What is Affiliate Membership?
Affiliate Membership is a type of RSL membership that caters for family members of serving and ex-service men and women. It is also for members or ex-members of the police, fire brigade, ambulance and SES.
Its purpose is to provide a form of RSL membership that maintains the ‘bloodlines’ of those who have served their country in both peace and war.
Why join the RSL?
As an Affiliate Member of the Greensborough RSL, you will enjoy the privilege of having joined one of Australia’s oldest and most revered organisations. An organisation committed to selfless service on behalf of the nation; an organisation which is dedicated to honouring those who have served our nation through military service and which believes that the care of veterans and their dependants remains its core responsibility.
What are the benefits of Affiliate Membership?
- receipt of the journal (Mufti), through which you can keep in touch with issues and events relevant to the RSL;
- the opportunity to share in the spirit of comradeship common to those who have served in the Armed Forces;
- the ability to serve on Sub-Branch committees;
- the opportunity to participate in a range of RSL sporting and social activities;
- the right to vote on most matters pertaining to the Greensborough Sub-Branch;
- leadership opportunities – the League needs people who can accept the responsibility and the challenge of undertaking a leadership role in a variety of areas, including welfare, memorabilia, recruiting, fund-raising, etc. Many Affiliate Members currently serve as
Sub-Branch Secretaries or Treasurers;
full access to members’ facilities and prices at over 80 licensed RSL venues throughout Victoria;
- the opportunity to make a difference in the care and remembrance of those who have and continue to serve is in both war and peace; and
- The right to wear the RSL Affiliate badge.
Affiliate Membership Criteria
- must be 18 years of age or over;
- related to any Service or Life Member of the League; and
- related to a person who, at the time of their death, was eligible for Service Membership of the RSL.
Also for serving and ex members of the:
- Police Force
- Fire Brigade
- State Emergency Service
- Ambulance Service
(A minimum of six months full time service)
Affiliate Membership – Where you can join
Membership can be applied for at our Club Reception or by clicking the link below – Become a Member to access a printable Application form.